Home sellers in Florida have a duty to disclose known defects concerning the home. We have sellers prepare a disclosure form before listing the property so buyers can make an informed decision before making an offer. This saves everyone time and effort in the transaction. If you want to see what a sellers disclosure contains please email Paula using the form below.
One of the best ways to begin preparation for selling your home is to look at your home through the eyes of a buyer. Always remember that preparing matters because we only have one opportunity for a first impression.
First, look at the front of your home and assess your curb appeal. Does your home or driveway need power washing? Would adding flowers increase attention and draw your eye to the home? Choose the options that you know will improve your curb appeal. It does matter.
To prepare your home’s interior and to make the best first impression on potential home buyers follow these tips:
- Depersonalize the space: Remove family photos and personal collections – like model cars, NFL memorabilia, etc. If you have children remove any items with names on them. Remember the photos will be public and your home address will be available. Take precautions to protect you and your family.
- Neutralize the space: Make your home as appealing to as many people as possible. Paint over bold colored walls, change bedspreads to neutral tones and pack items away that are personal. Help buyers imagine living in that home. If your home has too much of your personality that could be difficult.
- Clean everything: People see cleanliness as an indication that you have taken good care of your home and have taken pride in owning it.
- Organize: Clean out your closets and cabinets so that they don’t appear too cramped. More space in the closets and cabinets will make them look larger.
- De-clutter: You will be moving soon anyway, so pack away all the things that you will not be needing that take up space. Rooms will be easier to clean and will appear larger that a cluttered room.
- Offer a home warranty: If your appliances are near the end of their age of life offer a home warranty to ease buyers minds. The last thing a buyer wants is to buy a home and immediately have to purchase a major appliance.
Most buyers want move-in ready homes. Try to make yours as move-in ready as possible.
Staging will help you sell your home for more money and sell faster. The Fallon Real Estate Group will work with you and walk through your home to stage for buyers and as well as staging for photography and videos.
Follow me on social media:
Past episodes of Facebook Live with the Fallon Real Estate Group:
On Veteran’s Day 2017, my husband Kevin (a U.S. Navy Veteran) and I went to the bay front in Downtown St. Augustine to watch the annual Veteran’s Day parade. It was a beautiful display of patriotism and the atmosphere was exhilarating! St. Augustine High’s band and JROTC program was fabulous, and I am so touched and thrilled to see our local youth become involved in something as important as honoring our veterans! My family has served in the military for over 100 years, with my brother Stephen serving in the Navy and his son Ben now serving in the Army! I am so grateful to every single service member for their fight to keep America free, and to their families for the sacrifices they have made to support those who serve! May God bless you and keep you!
With tremendous gratitude,
Ecotourism in Marineland
Explore the vast nature in Marineland with an eco-excursion from Marineland. What this consists of is a 2.5-hour kayak tour into the Marineland Matanzas Basin. While on this tour an expert will be focusing on things like the Atlantic bottlenose dolphin natural habitat. There is no prior kayaking experience needed either, this tour is offered from September – May.
Top Five Golf Courses in St. Johns
While St. Johns County has a vast array of golf courses both public and private, these are the top 5 courses in the county. Happy Golfing everyone!
King & Bear: Located at the World Golf Village, the design of the course is a unique collaboration between Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus. Experience truly spectacular forestry with exotic loblolly pines, majestic oak trees, and crystal clear lakes. This course is open to the public.
Slammer & Squire: Conveniently located within the resort of World Golf, this course was designed by Bobby Weed with other design consultants like Sam Snead and Gene Sarazen. This course is open to the public.
TPC Sawgrass: Known as being one of the best courses in the country, this course is located between Jacksonville, Florida, and St. Augustine Florida. Travel + Leisure Golf Magazine has awarded TPC with, “Top 10 Golf Course Resorts in the World”. This course is open to the public.
Palencia Club: One of the greatest luxuries of this course is the location. Conveniently located within Palencia’s village center, golfer or not, there’s an experience for everyone. Whether it be golfing, fine dining, or a night out, this course has it all. Designed by Arthur Hill, this massive 7,701-yard course consists of ancient maritime oak trees and is along the Intracoastal Waterway. This a private course.
Marsh Creek Country Club: The only private golf course located on the barrier island of Anastasia, Marsh Creek encourages golfers of all levels of experience to enjoy the course. There are six tee placements in order to accommodate all level of players. This is a private course.
Maya Angelou has had a profound impact on my life – a woman I respect and admire! I will carry her with me always! RIP
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.
Find a beautiful piece of art. If you fall in love with Van Gogh or Matisse or John Oliver Killens, or if you fall love with the music of Coltrane, the music of Aretha Franklin, or the music of Chopin — find some beautiful art and admire it, and realize that it was created by human beings just like you, no more human, no less.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.
When I am writing, I am trying to find out who I am, who we are, what we’re capable of, how…
View original post 503 more words