One of the best ways to begin preparation for selling your home is to look at your home through the eyes of a buyer. Always remember that preparing matters because we only have one opportunity for a first impression.
First, look at the front of your home and assess your curb appeal. Does your home or driveway need power washing? Would adding flowers increase attention and draw your eye to the home? Choose the options that you know will improve your curb appeal. It does matter.
To prepare your home’s interior and to make the best first impression on potential home buyers follow these tips:
- Depersonalize the space: Remove family photos and personal collections – like model cars, NFL memorabilia, etc. If you have children remove any items with names on them. Remember the photos will be public and your home address will be available. Take precautions to protect you and your family.
- Neutralize the space: Make your home as appealing to as many people as possible. Paint over bold colored walls, change bedspreads to neutral tones and pack items away that are personal. Help buyers imagine living in that home. If your home has too much of your personality that could be difficult.
- Clean everything: People see cleanliness as an indication that you have taken good care of your home and have taken pride in owning it.
- Organize: Clean out your closets and cabinets so that they don’t appear too cramped. More space in the closets and cabinets will make them look larger.
- De-clutter: You will be moving soon anyway, so pack away all the things that you will not be needing that take up space. Rooms will be easier to clean and will appear larger that a cluttered room.
- Offer a home warranty: If your appliances are near the end of their age of life offer a home warranty to ease buyers minds. The last thing a buyer wants is to buy a home and immediately have to purchase a major appliance.
Most buyers want move-in ready homes. Try to make yours as move-in ready as possible.
Staging will help you sell your home for more money and sell faster. The Fallon Real Estate Group will work with you and walk through your home to stage for buyers and as well as staging for photography and videos.
Follow me on social media:
Past episodes of Facebook Live with the Fallon Real Estate Group: